Learn with BBC
Метрика сайта
Яндекс.Метрика
Статистика сайта

Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Assignments - Учебные материалы
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
Страница 1 из 11
Учебные материалы » Тематические подборки фраз и диалогов на английском языке (с аудированием) » School and Education » Assignments
Assignments
MaruДата: Понедельник, 09.05.2011, 11:41 | Сообщение # 1
Your English Teacher
Researching a Paper

A: Sir, you've been using the Online Catalogue for quite a while; is there anything I can help you find?

B: Boy, I've got to write a paper about Hollywood in the 30s and 40s, and I'm really struggling. There are hundreds of books, and I just don't know where to begin.

A: Your topic sounds pretty big. Why don't you narrow it down to something like . . . uh . . . the history of the studios during that time?

B: You know, I was thinking about doing that, but more than 30 books came up when I typed in "movie studios."

A: You could cut that down even further by listing the specific years you want. Try adding "1930s" or "1940s" or maybe "Golden Age."

B: "Golden Age" is a good idea. Let me type that in . . . . Hey, look, just 6 books came up that time. That's a lot better.

A: Oh . . . another thing you might consider . . . have you tried looking for any magazine or newspaper articles?

B: No, I've only been searching for books.

A: Well, you can look up magazine articles in the "Reader's Guide to Periodical Literature." And we do subscribe to "The Los Angeles Times." You might go through their index to see if there's anything you want.

B: Okay. I think I'll get started with these books and then I'll go over the magazines.

A: If you need any help, I'll be over at the Reference Desk.

B: Great, thank you.

iherb.com - натуральная косметика, БАДы, товары для дома и детей и многое другое по очень низким ценам.
Используйте код VEF438 для получения скидки 10 долларов при первой покупке.

MaruДата: Понедельник, 09.05.2011, 11:42 | Сообщение # 2
Your English Teacher
Submitting a Paper

A: Hello. Matt Ellis speaking.

B: Hello, Dr. Ellis, my name's Pam Johnson. My roommate, Janet Holms, wanted me to call you.

A: Janet Holms? Oh, that's right; she's in my Shakespearean English class. Has anything happened to her?

B: Nothing, it's just that she submitted a job application yesterday and the company asked her in for an interview today. She's afraid she won't be able to attend your class this afternoon, though. I'm calling to see if it would be okay if I gave you her essay. Janet said it's due today.

A: Certainly, that would be fine. Uh, you can either drop it off at my class or bring it to my office.

B: Would it be alright to come by your office around 4:00? It's impossible to come any earlier because I have three classes this afternoon.

A: Uh, I won't be here when you come; I'm supposed to be at a meeting from 3 to 6, but how about leaving it with my secretary? She usually stays until 5:00.

B: Fine; please tell her I'll be there at 4:00. And Dr. Ellis, one more thing, could you tell me where your office is located? Janet told me where your class is, but she didn't give me directions to your office.

A: Well, I'm in Room 302 of the Gregory Building. I'll tell my secretary to put the paper in my mail box, and I'll get it when I return.

B: I sure appreciate it; Janet was worried about not getting her paper in on time.

A: No problem. I'll look for Janet's paper later this evening. Good-bye, Ms. Johnston.

B: Bye, Dr. Ellis. Thanks again.

iherb.com - натуральная косметика, БАДы, товары для дома и детей и многое другое по очень низким ценам.

MaruДата: Понедельник, 09.05.2011, 11:42 | Сообщение # 3
Your English Teacher
Doing Homework

A: Hello, Steve?

B: Hi, Veronica. What's going on?

A: Oh, my car's having problems again, but I don't have the time or the money to get it fixed.

B: Is it really bad?

A: It's starting to overheat whenever I'm idling or in heavy traffic, and two days ago I had to pull off the expressway and wait until the engine cooled down.

B: Have you taken it into a shop?

A: Well, I went to two different places yesterday; one mechanic said he'd check the coolant level and look for fluid leaks, and the other guy said he thought it was the thermostat. I didn't leave the car with either of them, though, because I didn't have a ride back.

B: What are you going to do?

A: I really don't know. I'll have to figure out something; the bus service is terrible around where I live. Anyway, could I ask you for a favor?

B: Of course, what is it?

A: You know, tomorrow's Monday and we're supposed to turn in our homework in English, but I'm only gotten halfway through it-I've just been too busy. If I came over, would you help me finish it?

B: Sure, I'll be here all evening. And actually I haven't finished the homework either; I've just been putting it off, so it's good you're coming over-I need someone to motivate me.

MaruДата: Понедельник, 09.05.2011, 11:43 | Сообщение # 4
Your English Teacher
Choosing a Topic

A: Excuse me, Dr Chandler, do you have a moment?

B: Of course, what can I do for you, Sienna?

A: I want to change the topic of my paper. You know I was writing about Apollo 11, but now I want to write about something else.

B: I'm surprised. On Monday, you were showing me all the pictures of the moon landing you'd found on the Internet.

A: Well, yesterday my friend introduced me to her uncle, who was an astronaut at NASA up until a year ago. I'd like to write about him if that's okay.

B: Yes, that sounds like it'll be a fascinating paper. Make sure you include some historical facts, though; this gentleman's job must have been very interesting, but don't forget the historical context or background.

A: I've got some books about the American space program.

B: That sounds like a good start. You could talk a little about the European and Russian space programs, too.

A: I'll do that. I'll see you next week, Dr. Chandler. Thank you!

B: Bye, Sienna. I look forward to reading your paper.

Учебные материалы » Тематические подборки фраз и диалогов на английском языке (с аудированием) » School and Education » Assignments
Страница 1 из 11
Поиск:

Создать бесплатный сайт с uCoz Copyright MyCorp © 2017