Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Food - Еда - Учебные материалы
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
Страница 1 из 11
Учебные материалы » English Exams - IELTS » IELTS Vocabulary » Food - Еда
Food - Еда
MaruДата: Понедельник, 17.05.2010, 16:08 | Сообщение # 1
Your English Teacher

iherb.com - натуральная косметика, БАДы, товары для дома и детей и многое другое по очень низким ценам.
Используйте код VEF438 для получения скидки 10 долларов при первой покупке.

MaruДата: Понедельник, 17.05.2010, 16:09 | Сообщение # 2
Your English Teacher

iherb.com - натуральная косметика, БАДы, товары для дома и детей и многое другое по очень низким ценам.

MaruДата: Вторник, 25.05.2010, 16:04 | Сообщение # 3
Your English Teacher
My Favorite Food

My mother always cooks special food for special occasions. She usually chooses to cook the small snails with coconut, that is my favorite food, but the first time I hated it.

When I was eight years old, I didn’t eat seafood because I didn’t like the smell of it. One day, I visited my aunt’s house outside of the city. There was a big river in front of her house, and my cousin dived in and caught a lot of small snails for her to cook dinner for me. They smelled disgusting. When she cooked the small snails with coconut for one hour, they smelled delicious and tasted good. Until now, I still love it. One New Year and my parents invited all of my close relatives to spend the day with us. I decided to help my mother to cook my favorite food. When I got up, my mother had been in the kitchen since sunrise. She had already begun to cook but she forgot something. I had to go the market to pick something up for her such as vegetables, small snails and coconut. When I came home, my mother said “there are a lot of things, I haven’t finished yet, so the small snails with coconut is your responsibility.” My mouth dropped open but my mother said “no dice”. I had never cooked it before, but there is a first time for everything. First I have to chop off the head of the snails and put them into salt water for 15 minutes, it would help to remove the sand. While waiting for the snails, I went to wash the Vietnamese coriander and ground it. Then I prepared the coconut milk. Finally I mixed the dressing for the snails (a mixture of coconut milk, Vietnamese coriander, and salt.) and I cooked it for one hour. It was five o’clock in the evening. It was almost time to eat so I went to set the table. My mother had finished her work. And we went to our room to change into our good clothes. When most of my relatives had already arrived and everyone sat down at the table. I brought my dish up and they put the small snails into their mouth and each took one slurp. Everyone said my dish was very delicious and nice tasted.

In conclusion, everyone enjoyed my dish. I’m very happy they love it like I do. If you have time you can come over and I will cook it for you to try. You will love the small snails with coconut the same as me.

MaruДата: Вторник, 25.05.2010, 16:05 | Сообщение # 4
Your English Teacher
CHICKEN CURRY - MY FAVORIRE FOOD

When I was a child in Vietnam, my sister was the best cook in my family. I did not like to cook, but I sometimes helped her clean up the kitchen. Chicken Curry was my favorite food. I still remember when I had just come to America. My husband and his family members liked to eat Chicken Curry but nobody knew how to cook that food. So it was my first time to cook my favorite food.

First, I cut up chicken, and chop up garlic, lemon grass. I peel and cut up a taro root and then fry them. Then I take two table spoons of curry powder and mix with the chicken, garlic, and marinade for 30 minutes.

Second, I put garlic and lemon grass with some more curry power in a pot with a little oil. Add chicken and stir fry for about 7 minutes. Add a little salt and sugar, and then pour in hot water to cover chicken. Place over medium heat and put the taro and lemon grass into the pot. Continue to cook until done, and then pour 3 cups of coconut milk and stir well. Remove the pot from the stove, and we will have a delicious chicken curry. We can serve with sticky rice or bread. It’s delicious and tastes so good.

My husband ate a bowl of chicken curry. A pot of it was not enough for my family. From then on, every time my family has a party, they usually request me to cook that. They like to eat that food because they recall a taste of their motherland food. - Ly Lien

MaruДата: Вторник, 25.05.2010, 16:05 | Сообщение # 5
Your English Teacher
My Favorite Food — Hotpot

Different people have different favorite food. As for me, I like to eat different food, such as noodles, fast food, banana, pear, and so on, but my favorite food is hotpot. When I was 6 years old, I didn’t know what is hotpot. At one of the Chinese holiday nights, our dinner was hotpot. I was so curious at that time. My family prepared the dinner. That was my first time to try the hotpot, and it became my favorite food.

There is no proper word to substitute hotpot. This food consists of slices of meat, various kinds of vegetables, mushrooms, fish, chicken, noodles and soup (meat stock). After boiling broth, we can put what you want to eat into the broth. When it is cooked, we can eat. I really like this food. Actually I like meat so much, especially when it is roasted. However, I was almost addicted and ate 3 times a week. There is specific restaurant I prefer. That restaurant is near my hometown. They make hotpot as kind of fashion. The origin broth is just meat stock, but they also add something in that I didn’t know. They use mustard and soy bean sauce for meat. They also make some sauce by themselves. When you eat meat, you can eat with this sauce. It makes meat more delicious. Finally, after eating all the meat and vegetables, you can add noodles in the broth. It is really good, too. This is my favorite food.

Hotpot is easy to cook. You can add what you want to eat. And at the same time you can eat too much different food. It tastes great. If you haven’t tried this food yet, you should. Try hotpot!

MaruДата: Вторник, 25.05.2010, 16:06 | Сообщение # 6
Your English Teacher
My Favorite Food - Spicy Noodles

One of my favorite foods is spicy noodles made by my grandma. I think my grandma makes the best spicy noodles.

I was born in the spicy city of Chengdu, where everyone loves spicy food. When I was 5 years old, my grandma thought that I was old enough to taste spicy food, so she decided to make her best food — spicy noodles. After I finished the day of kindergarten, I was tired and hungry, I ran back home as fast as I could, because I was expecting to eat my grandma’s food. When the spicy noodles had been prepared on the table, I fell to with ravenous appetite, but after I swallowed the noodles, my lips were scorched, and my mouth was “on fire”, I ran to the kitchen, and drunk a lot of water. I thought my grandma was going to kill me by the food poison, but a few minutes later, my tongue stopped curling, and my lips were no longer scorched, the spicy noodles are like drugs on the table, I was totally attracted to the delicious and hot spicy noodles. Even though I drunk a lot of water during the time I was eating the noodles, I felt that I was mind racing, and flying through the air, it was so enjoyable.

My grandma made the best spicy noodles, and her self-made hot spicy flavor was unique. Maybe the noodles are cheap and they are easy to make at any time when you don’t have time to make any fabulous food, but I know even though noodles are simple and cheap, what my grandma put into the noodles is not only her unique hot spicy flavor, she also put all her love in the noodles which is always priceless to me.

- Meng Ying

Учебные материалы » English Exams - IELTS » IELTS Vocabulary » Food - Еда
Страница 1 из 11
Поиск:

Создать бесплатный сайт с uCoz Copyright MyCorp © 2017